Monday, June 10, 2013

Untitled Track

As in Days for Days, here's an experimental variation on my previous post, in the style of James Joyce and Scott Miller's liner notes to Real Nighttime:

Friends, you are about to read off whackademic nerdplay. This manster's project, some mirthless piece of vanity come to me so airyudite. I pled a lot of beanball in my younger days; the dust in diamonds are all gone. On the prey-ground viewed from withering hates, by Chance we metaplayer Joe Shlabotnik. Goat of goats, hollowlujah! Now we're his biggest slans, heirs to the losers (pace original Sinatra). Phrancly, my dare, I bet you never actualleviate this loneliness.

(The reader would be cheated out of the fun if I explained all my references... but I had to include just one link, to a song that's exceptionally beautiful and fitting. And for this purpose, the linked performance is infinitely better than Frank Sinatra's.)

No comments :

Post a Comment